FEPS OUTING SUNDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2024, SPIRALLING OUT OF SOUTHWARK (POSTPONED FROM 04 FEBRUARY)
- For a full appreciation of this trip you MUST arrive at Southwark Station on the Jubilee Line
- The station has much to offer, photographically, at various levels, before exiting—–NO FLASH and NO TRIPODS to be used here.
- We will go to Waterloo via “The Boomerang”, Bernie Spain Gardens, and the rear aspects of the OXO building
- We will see the IMAX roundabout, with nearby buildings offering opportunities for “texture!” images
- Following from here there will be 2 famous theatres, with similar names but very different facades.
- As we return to Southwark we pass the station to go a little further Eastwards, ultimately reaching Borough —— including a National Trust pub dating from Dickens era, and rear views of the old St. Thomas’ Hospital.
- Pass the Borough Market, taking the roadway leading to The Clink and the Southbank.
- We pass various commonly seen buildings (e.g. The Globe, The Tate Modern, The Millennium Bridge)
- A meal and a pint can be had by Blackfriars Station entrance (South Bank). Depending on the state of the light we may choose to eat first and photograph later, or wait for the lights to be taken at their best time, and eat afterwards.
- Optional evening walk around the South Bank to photograph the lights. BRING ADDITIONAL LIGHT SOURCES, e.g. small coloured LEDs, torches etc to add your own special effects.
- Of course, some members may choose to return home without a meal and a drink—–their choice.
- Toilet facilities are few and far between: suggest minimising coffee intake. The whole trip is about 2 ½ miles long.
Please let us know if you are interested in coming along
(BATTERSEA LIGHTS ON TUESDAY 20 FEBRUARY 2024 EVENING)