History of Field End Photographic Society
The Society was formed in 1974 by combining two local photographic societies – Ruislip & Eastcote Camera Club and Pinner and Northwood Camera Club.
The Ruislip & Eastcote Camera Club was founded in 1937. For many years meetings were held at Eastcote House which became unsafe and had to be demolished. After this, meetings were held in Haydon Hall. This building was also in a bad state of repair, so the Club was rehoused in a replacement building, also called Haydon Hall, next to Eastcote Cricket Club.
Pinner and Northwood Photographic Club started at the Humphrey Saunders Studio at 2 High Street, Pinner in 1953. By 1958 the Society had moved to West Lodge Primary School in West End Lane, Pinner. In 1970 it moved yet again to the Congregational Church Hall in Northwood Hills. At this time a weekly programme was introduced, but despite the best efforts of its committee members, in 1974 the Club fell into decline.
At this time Ruislip & Eastcote Camera Club was also in need of support and, after a series of combined meetings, Field End Photographic Society was founded.
In 2001 the Society moved to its present location, the Methodist Church Hall in Ruislip, where the Society is flourishing, with approximately 60 members.